2.1.09

Brooklyn .

born & raised; my home.
Brooklyn - Brook⋅lyn [brook-lin]
a borough of New York City, on W Long Island. 2,230,936; 76.4 sq. mi. (198 sq. km).

i remember (not too long ag0) waiting to get out of here & promising myself i would never come back -- now that i`m away all i wanna do is go back. [eating my words completely].
nothing is like New York & i mean NOTHING. the city, the people, the culture, the diversity is unlike anywhere else. yeah, some cities may have simuliar qualities but nothing is like brooklyn.

i am homesick; by all means. far from home & now i'm realizing how good home is. maybe i am having a severe case of culture shock because i have never been away from the city like this before in my life. On a completely different coast, timezone & everything. Its not like a vacation where i know when im returning. no, this is a move. a lifestyle change. new friends. new job. new school. new enviorment. & im not for sure if i like this enviorment very well. I'm used to the hustle and busle of life -- the quickness. & im out here where the majority of people are more fulent in spanish than english. plam tress and & hot weather. & i just want traffic and snow.

relocating for what..? to make a fucked up relationship work.. me compromising my plans and future because i love her -- and when you love someone you compromise the things you value most for someone else. what has she compromised? im starting to feel unappericeated; its a give and take so, why am always the only one giving...? yet, through it all, i love her.

i wanna go home.

sometimes the grass really isnt greener on the other side.

5 comments:

TheFabe said...

thats deep....been many places but i'm brookyln's own.....i know the feeling you leave and then its like damn i miss it

.rawkii said...

I'm not from Brooklyn, but I know how it is to be homesick. I hate that you feel you are the only one giving in the relationship... You're are bound to feel frustrated and unappreciated.

ShadeofDeath said...

As far as Brooklyn goes, I haven't much to say. Palm trees and hot weather is what I'm accustom to. It is hell out here, culturally, and financially, so before you dig your roots too far into the soil, you probably need to figure out how your significant other is committing to you. Because once you're here, don't expect to just get up and leave. Its hard.

[$ H A R O N A] said...

aww i've never been to brooklyn but i have always wanted to go to nyc period. but being homesick sucks. i have been there.

Rai said...

My dad's from Brooklyn, I never been though.
Being homesick is not cool though.
I felt that way at this church camp[ahh the torture that was].

And if she continues not to give, time to let her go.
That's not fair to you or your heart.