3.8.09

Dreams

I dream a lot. Almost every night honestly and unlike a lot of people.. I remember my dreams. i closely relate to them in my life, and whats going on because they ALWAYS seem to let me know how i really feel about things. I'm BIG on dreams, and since I know what usually happens after I dream.. this all has me real anxious lately...

Every night, for about 2 weeks now... I dream about someone. What's amazing to me is how these dream don't come to me in forms of memories, or unrealistic situations like most.. There just dreams where I happen to be with this person, and sometimes even telling them how much I dream about them. In these dreams I'm not usually explaining how much I miss or love this person. Instead, theres this setting of an awkward tension between us both. Every time something around me changes, or I feel a certain way.. I'm literally feeling it all in these dreams.

I expected a lovey dream, perhaps even a sad one with them. But in these, there's this deep feeling of myself being lost, but with them being there.. for at the same time. It's almost like even in my sleep, I cant seem to comprehend whats gone wrong between us both. So even in my sleep I'm lookin for answers except I happen to be standing next to them. Even in my dreams, I'm not worried. I stand, sit, sleep... with them. not enjoying the dream, but wondering what I'm doing there. and not wanting to leave at the same time.

Sometimes I even know that I'm dreaming but they don't, so i find myself playing along and letting things happen. What I cant seem to understand is how I can be already asleep, yet subconsciously asking myself what it all means while its happening.

I'm searching for answers in the one place we usually go to escape them..
sleep.

Other times, it all feels too real. the emotion is such a clear picture of everything I need to feel at that exact time. Everything I would feel and everything I ever have. So real, I sometimes tell myself that its finally what all the dreams were leading up too. Then I wake up and realize it was another one, just another one of these dreams. And, then I'm anxious for answers... all over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you write and phrase things....

Dreaming is a wild phenomenon to me. I always thought that dreams were God's way of inserting certain thoughts in you while you were at peace and in the refuge protected from the panaroma in the world around you. Sound. safe. serene. And only in those dreams, that time of sleep, were you quiet enough to hear him.

Shandra E...*the misses said...

wow....i like what Chymere said...and i agree: dreams are often (not always) God's way of speaking to/through us because it's the only time we'll "listen"...lol...i had a "wierd" dream last night also, and like you i always remember my dreams in extreme details...and when i don't remember yet i know i had a dream, i Know it was simply that "just a dream", but when i wake up, feeling every emotion, remembering every detail & suddenly knowing allll the answers...i rush to write it down!!!
I've been dreaming & watching things come to reality since i was really young so like you...i find dreams to be very fascinating & often 'Foreshadowing'....

so the dream i had last night, was about a friend...when i spent time with her today; she made it obvious that certain parts of my dream are evident in reality Today!! as if my dream revealed a secret before she did herself!!

Anonymous said...

Niiice ( Fab Voice ) Good Writing.