5.9.09

[insert title here]

Love is a crazy thing. Its funny how yo u never know what to expect, or when things are going to happen. It's hard, and its never the easiest thing in the world. But, its the most difficult, even when it's good - & i'd like to believe that's what makes it worth so much.

She told me today that she knows me. Even though I think I've lost myself, she says she'll always know the beautiful person that I am. The same girl that she met on the average day of July. She came, and she changed my life entirely. Just like that, every part of me was alive.

She asked me, when the last time I felt I was 100percent. Entirely myself was. I thought about this, so many times. For months on in. I wondered. And, I told her - I was last myself the day before I left Seattle. That day, I left her. Seeing her standing there as I go thru the security check point at the airport leaving with bags of broken dream a big broken heart. And just like that I came back to Brooklyn and she was gone from my life. I look back and I cant believe its going on a year since I saw her face.

I guess I've been trying to find something in myself for so long that I've always had. I needed to hear that. I needed to know, that even almost a year later - I'm not the only person who feels like this. Now I've realized, I got lucky. We were both so lucky. So lucky. People will spend their entire lives searching, or thinking they found it when its not true. What we had, was real. It was pure-hearted, and strong, and free. It was without boundaries, without limits. It was one and a million, and I know what it feels like. I know.

We are not the same. We've both changed. A year ago today, we were perfect for each other. But, today... we're no longer the one for one another. We're so very different, even though we're still the same.

If I never found love better than that, I wouldn't be sorry... because I got lucky.

Love is a crazy thing...

No comments: